During these unprecedented times, where the classroom interactions, especially for the younger kids, have come to a halt, it is important to ensure that learning does not stop. Here are five books, which would help the pre-primary and primary children grow both cognitively and emotionally.
1. No Matter What by Debi Gilori: The message by the book stands by the title ‘no matter what.’ It brings reassurance to children about the support system they behold from their parents, their families that no matter what they would stand strong with each other. The book is the right read for the current times, where everyone from a toddler to an adult, needs to process their emotions with strong support by one another.
2. Bruno the Bear Series: It is an interesting and pictographic series of six books with adorable characters, which can give a child the right inspiration by reflecting over positive thoughts, self-confidence and learning good manners.
3. The Sneetches and other stories by Dr. Seuss: It is a series of four stories, which takes a stand against discrimination, fights prejudices, and promotes tolerance to each other. The book is an important reflection of the multicultural world we live in, and learning about it at the right age from the correct source would make the child conscious about such concepts.
4. Zog by Julia Donaldson: The book is a representation of a classroom and the story of its keenest student, a dragon named Zog. It portrays determination and the ability of not giving up, irrespective of the setbacks. The book comes with the message of being headstrong, having the courage and not surrendering.
5. The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle: It is a tale of a ladybug whose temperament is explained within the title itself. The book talks about the experiences of the ladybug when she travels the world and understands it more holistically. It brings in concepts of friendship and time, which are one of the most valuable assets to any person.
10+ books including some DIY manuals and interesting stories for...Read more
Here are a few highly recommended books for educators that dive...Read more
A book for 4-6-year-old teaching them robotics, sounds impossible?...Read more
Perfect list to spend the summer vacay learning!Read more
eBooks available online for free to aware children of the COVID-19...Read more
Here’s a reading list of e-books by WHO especially during the...Read more
ScooNews has listed 14 books that the teachers and parents can...Read more
Here's the list of suggestive reading for educators in the month...Read more
ANUSHKA YADAV reviews The Doon School’s headmaster, Matthew...Read more